We were happily surprised to find Marmee and Noura already at the party. Aesha was in her element - attentively listening to music and watching all the buzz. She loved the atmosphere. When we got home, she conked out like a light bulb and slept for 5 hours! Oh my - if only it could be like that every time - we'd take her out partying always.
Monday Aesha had her 2 month doctor's appointment. She weighs in at 10lbs 1.3 oz., 22 3/4 long. She's in the 50th percentile for weight and 75% percential for length.
The next day I had my post partum appointment - and my uterus is still swollen but should be completely back to normal by the 10th week.
Tuesday we went to the Mommy's group luncheon and it was hysterical to see all the babies together. Based on stories from everyone else, Aesha is a relatively easy baby. I'm not having as many problems with sleeping, eating etc.. It's good to get a perspective. Sharing our experiences helps to ground us. I'm really glad I went and am hoping to take Marmee with me next Tuesday. Watching her change and grow has been a lot of fun. I'm beginning to see rhythms and cycles. In the mornings when she gets up early to poop. She's super noisy and tries so hard and the result is noisy and satsfying. She has such a look of relief when finished. Afterwards, we give her some naked time on the bed with us. She now lies on her back and coos and sighs and it's the cutest thing.
Last week when she was feeding, I was on the computer (one handed) when I felt her slapping my arm - and she made some distinct noises - as if to get my attention. I looked down and she was staring directly at me. For that split moment I felt as if we had just communicated; that the series of actions wasn't coincidental. I felt a deep connection with her. AG also had similar moments with her.
Time is flying by. We are leave next week for the Northwest and when we return it will be December already. 6 more weeks before I return to work. We have to start thinking seriously about child care... oy.
2 comments:
Big beautiful stuff my dear, how awsome! I love the baby picture, cutest! Think mama will have some phone time soon? Just got a land line, yayayay!
is that marmee's baby? cute! please say congratulations to her for us!
Post a Comment