Thursday, October 18, 2007

What do I do all day?

I've been getting asked this question often now. I guess it mostly depends on how much sleep I've gotten the night before. There appears to be some pattern emerging. Little Miss Aesha changes it for us daily. Some nights she's fussy - other nights she's an angel. We're trying to figure out what causes the fussiness.

Last night - I knew I was in for a long one. She slept from 7pm to 12:30am waking up only once to feed for 10 minutes. Too easy. She woke up at 3:30 hungry and furious. Nothing would calm her down and she wasn't going to take the breast easily. After 2 hours - and tired of screaming and crying - she finally took the breast and fell asleep in 10 minutes. She woke up again at 9:30 and AG took her upstairs and let me nap for another hour. The rest of the day has been trying to get lunch while holding her and then feeding her off and on again every hour and a half or two hours if I'm lucky.

Margo came at noon and hung out for an hour. Thankfully she slept most of the hour. Then I tried to nap between 3-4pm - got woken up at 4:30 and tried to feed her until 5:30. It's now 6pm and I've given up and given her to AG who is rocking her on the bouncing chair. She seems to like it. So now I'll try to clean up a bit before Kerry comes over - and she'll probably wake up at around 7:30pm for another feeding. If I'm lucky, dinner will be done by 9:30 and she will wake up for one more feeding before midnight... then she usually sleeps until 4am.

So that's my day... with little time in between for going out or doing anything. I'm sure once we get this down, she'll change it on us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toni - so how are you coping thru this? Do you feel like a zombie or is it okay? Very curious! ;)

Ele

Anonymous said...

Toni - if Aesha is actually sleeping 5 to 6 hours at a stretch and only waking up once in the middle of the night - count your blessings! That is amazing for a newborn. (She could be waking every 2 hours thru the night.)

Love
Gma K