Monday, April 16, 2007

Presents for Baby G from the Grandma's

I'm trying to keep up the progress of my belly - but lately it's easier to lounge in front of the TV and snuggle next to AG. This weekend and last was mostly about taxes and paperwork since next couple of weeks AG will be out of town. We are leaving Thursday night to head up to Seattle to see the folks and upon our return AG jets off to NYC for 12 days. He'll be there for Ven/Jen's little baby boy who's due in 10 days.

The pregnancy is great - lots of movements from Baby G and during the ultrasound we saw Baby G move its head from side to side, kick me several times and wiggle its little fingers. The movements have gotten stronger, where before I felt little taps to the full squirm a couple of times. I've been sleeping very well - using a pillow between my legs to support the weight of the growing belly. Already Baby G is taking after papa and is more active at night than any other time. Except for the continued pregnancy sniffles, not being able to lay comfortably on my back anymore, constant trips to the bathroom, and not having full use of my lungs - it's been an easy easy pregnancy. I'm still a little forgetful, but I'm finding ways around that. I'm not moody - my hormones are stable (I think) and AG and I are still able to have fun even if I'm falling asleep by 9:30 every night. I checked the scale this morning and am up to 136lbs, which is 2lbs more than when I last weighed in at week 14. This is good news for me - the baby is gaining weight but I'm at least maintaining and not going too crazy. I'm sure I'll be gaining at an astronomical speed once I hit the third trimester. I've been eating really well - still lots of fruit and veggies with more meat. Can manage some meals that are outside the Asian cuisine, including half a steak on Wednesday. Continuing to take 6 pre-natal vitamins a day and now I've included 2 calcium chews since I haven't been eating enough dairy products.

Grandma Karen sent me a box of very comfortable and much needed maternity clothes. I'm not sure why I haven't been motivated to go out shopping on my own. I'm sure I'll have to do it soon, maybe when AG is out of town. G Karen also sent a very cute little soap ducky. She's going a little crazy not knowing what gender Baby G is. But all in due time - we're announcing it this week at dinner in Seattle. It's been more difficult for AG not to tell everyone, but I don't have a problem telling everyone they need to wait. It's important to me that family know first, and that they all get to hear it at the same time. We didn't get to announce Baby G's coming face to face with parents, so it's special for me to get to do this at dinner.

Thursday, we met up with Chris, her sister and mom in Napa after our ultrasound (which was fine by the way). During the ultrasound, the doctors took tons of pictures - but none of which were photogenic for us to show. They consisted of measuring the head, the heart, the limbs etc. to determine Baby G's progress and health. As of Thursday, Baby G is now 8 oz (wowzers, that's another 3 ounces from the 16th week amnio update).
Chris knitted a little white beenie for Baby G and her sister gave us a set of pj's. Thanks everyone. We had dinner with them at a great Vietnamese restaurant in downtown napa - AnnaLien. Afterwards we came home to catch the last minutes of the Warriors game.

This is the last week of the season before the playoffs and AG and I are almost peeing in our pants. Not only are we going to win our fantasy basketball league (our team name is Dauxilla Demons) - but it looks highly likely that the Warriors are heading to the playoffs for the first time in 12 years. They've been playing phenomonal basketball and it's been uplifting to watch them struggle all season and finally put it all together to push towards the playoff. We are currently half a game ahead of the Clippers and the last home game is Tuesday playing the best team in the league - Dallas Mavaricks. And guess what? We have tickets - as do Margo, Maddick and Zach. This is the only game we bought tickets for and it's fan appreciation night and it's going to be insane. If Warriors win this game, they will most probably head to the playoffs since the last game is with Portland and that's an easy enough win. I'll definitely take pictures since AG and I haven't been able to wear our jerseys all season, and we are definitely gearing up tomorrow!

3 comments:

Scott and Christie said...

OMG you have a belly! You are so beautiful!

Awsome presents
have a great time at the families
call me when you get a chance, glad you are doing so well! miss you

Scott and Christie said...

hey darlin thanks for your comment
is this the big weekend? best of all of it to you, can't wait to catch up, big love

Unknown said...

Hello Toni,

You are a gorgeous pregnant lady:-).

Love from the road.....

Lori