Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Parent's weekend






Pictures to be posted soon when time is not a factor. I also wanted to get some thoughts down before I lose it.

AG and I flew in Thursday evening to Seattle. It was hectic and stressful since we were working up to the last minute before our flight. He's moving his NY office and I just got enrolled on to another time sensitive project - reviewing telecom contracts for companies we acquire. If work continues to be this hectic and stressful, the baby just might decide to come out early...

Spent the night at Loan and Rob's. Picked up a car next day and transferred to Salim and Nafysa's house where we worked until 7:15pm - only because we already had plans to meet up with friends for dinner. It was great to see Kris and her hubby. After a huge dinner in Kirkland, we were invited to Salim/Nafysa's place for dessert and wine.

Next morning I left AG to do more work, and went to hang out with my mom for a couple of hours. They were quite impressed with the belly. Then picked up AG and his brother, to visit their parents at the hotel in Seattle. Brought them back to my parents place for a little chitchat. Dinner at 7:30 at a wonderful Chinese restaurant where we announced Baby G's gender. Dropped parents off, and back to Salim/Nafysa for the night... and up again the next morning at 7am to have breakfast with AG's parents before they left town. And then to my mom's for lunch until the evening. Oy - it was not a restful weekend but it was eventful and successful. I think my mom's over the "My god she's not married and having a baby" stage and is now into full swing preparation for grandmother stage.

AG and I arrived home at noon and worked until 7pm that evening. We were so tired. Then Tuesday back to work and completely overwhelmed. Only now am I getting a chance to breathe. Still so much to do, but it's under control. AG left this morning for NYC for 12 stressful days. I have lots to do while he's gone, including catching up with girlfriends - tonight there's a girl's night at Ellen's where I will be announcing Baby G's sex to our friends, and hopefully by then, everyone will know.

Has my life always been this crazy? Am I only just noticing the fast pace because I don't have the same energy level?

My dad called Saturday as well. He now wants me to have a traditional Vietnamese wedding in Portland next year, at his expense. I guess he's given up on the rest of our family in giving him the wedding he wants. Yes, my sister was married, but remember, he didn't attend that wedding. I'm more than happy to have this new twist - now I can separate and have the wedding that I want to have in Mexico and still have the Vietnamese wedding. It's a perfect solution. With all that's happening, I don't see how our lives will slow down at all, it's warp speed from this point until Baby G graduates. This is why AG and I didn't have kids until our mid 30's.

1 comment:

Scott and Christie said...

Lady, I will call you hopefully tonight, I cannot wait, I am at the edge of my seat. I already have a feeling about this babe though, we'll see if I am having it right.

I am so happy it went well darlin, how could it not! and moms do come around. How exciting about the traditional wedding. I know how important that is for you...

Cannot wait to catch up with you. Please try and pace yourself, you are toni the trooper but I just hope you are getting the down time to take care of yourself, ok?

S~ is coming to SF with me!!! Checked in with SARAg about her extra room as I don't want to put you guys out with an extra person, and she might be having the bathroom worked on so we'll see. Either way Thurs pm i'm all yours, S isn't comin in till Friday am!anyway, lets catch up. I miss you to pieces! love love