Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Gorgeous Portland

Last night, instead of taking a train to Portland as originally planned, my mom and Mr. T graciously offered to drive us. They had both taken the day off prior to spend as much time with Aesha and I think my mom gets more hooked each time she sees her. So she wanted to spend as much time, being near her, even Aesha is spooked sometimes by my mom's obsession with her. By the time we reached Portland, my mom felt some validation as a grandmother when Aesha clung to her. As we sat down for a late dinne

r, Aesha the star appeared. She flirted with Grandpa Al all night and was wired - screeching, hollering and jumping up and down in glee when Grandma Chris brought out a little rag doll that has become part of the doll house for Aesha. My parents had a very difficult time leaving Aesha, but eventually they did. I finally pinned Aesha down, turned off all the lights and she eventually drifted to sleep after much excited mumbling.

This morning Aesha surprised me. She has been very happy hanging out with Grandpa Al, no reaching out for me, as if the attachment phase did not happen. That is a great sign. I was worried that she would require attention from me today - my working day. I'm logged in at Starbucks a couple of blocks from the house since I was unable to jump onto any wireless access. These last several days have been wonderful. With the wonderful weather and me spending time with Aesha, it feels very much like a vacation for us. Actually, I would love to lead a life where Aesha, AG and I travel around, enjoy life, friends/families and work from our laptop when we needed. This week is manifesting itself as how I would like it to be.

It's also beautiful here, a little more humid, but I'm a huge fan of warm weather so I won't complain. I enjoyed a rice krispey square with a cup of coffee for breakfast and would sure love to take a walk around the area and not work. We are both missing AG a ton, but so far, this has been a wonderful trip for Aesha and I. I love hanging out with her, she's my best friend. I hope to continue to foster this type of relationship with her; that she'll want to travel and see things with me, talk to me about what she enjoys, what she likes or dislikes, her experiences. I am so excited to hear what she's got to say, she's been saying a hellofalot and I wish I could understand it all.

No comments: