It's not official yet until I turn in my notice and receive confirmation on my background check - which will happen simultaneously. But I did orally accept a new position, at Gap, Inc. last Thursday. It was more than a relief. I've been feeling light and airy since. Pay is about the same with a signing bonus, but the culture and team I'll be working with is more my style - family oriented. Already, I've received "welcome aboards" and "congrats" from my boss and the VP of our group. I'm itching to hand in my resignation letter but will have to wait until Monday.
I'll start after Labor Day - and will have 2 weeks in between for a little R&R. My birthday lands during that week off, as well as Burningman!
This weekend, the family is heading up to Humboldt for AG's 20 year high school reunion. He's both excited and nervous. I'm very interested. We are hoping to leave tomorrow night so the pups and Aesha can sleep through the drive and AG doens't deal with traffic. Friday evening will be cocktails, Saturday there is a BBQ and kids playdate in the Park. In the evening, there is dinner and dancing... whoohoo, just like in highschool. I can't wait to get liquored up. Then Sunday we head home.
Update on the little monster: this week I have been putting Aesha down while drowsy so she can learn to soothe herself to sleep. The first night, she wailed for 15-20 minutes, stopping intermittenly to determine if anyone was coming to her call. I was peaking through the doorway to make sure she would be alright. She scaled all four sides of the crib, looking for a way out. Finally, after exhaughsting herself, she slept slumped over. 2 hours later, she woke up and we put her in bed with us. The 2nd night, she had already realized I wasn't coming, but did attempt to howl for 10 minutes before finding a comfortable position to lean back against the crib, falling asleep sitting upright. AG went in and laid her down. Again, she woke up after 1.5 hours. I nursed her for 5 minutes, then put her down again. This time, she fell asleep while I rubbed her tummy. After another 1.5 hours, she woke up again and we brought her to bed. Baby steps, baby steps. I wonder how long it will take her tonight....
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations on your new job!!
Yay new job!You deserve it, I am so so happy for you. And you get some great time to Celebrate! Is it in the city? How great would that be.Please fill us in on the reunion, big love to all...
Yay! Such good news, and worth the wait. It'll make family life more balanced. Congrats!
Post a Comment