It's been exactly 1 week since Aesha was born. It's been such a long road and recovery is still a little bit of a bitch. As many know, after many hours - approximately 72 I think of no medication labor, and then 15 hours of medicated labor - we ended up having a cesarean. Aesha was transverse - and acencletic (not sure about spelling). Her body was in the right position but her head was turned so that she was facing away from me and the back of her head against my spine (transverse). Then she had her head cocked to the side so that part of her head was pushing against my pelvis bone. It was too wide and therefore she couldn't push against the cervix to cause dialation.
We were discharged Wednesday at noon and I've been home recuperating since. AG has become super AG. He's done everything since I can barely lift Aesha. He's taken care of both his girls, the dogs, the house, the chores and himself. I've been scolded several times for trying to do some chores - which only led to more internal bleeding. So I've given up and let him take charge. Aesha is his new love and it's so sweet watching him take care of her. He's so in love.
We've had some visitors but AG is being strict about who comes to visit since it taxes me out still just trying to be alert from all the drugs I'm taking to deal with the pain. AG's parents also rocked. They came and helped with the pups and the house while we were in the hospital. They are also quite smitten with the little bugger. I have to admit that I am as well. After I was in the recovery room from the c-section, AG passed out from the emotional and physical toll of the 5 days of labor. I was up all night bonding with Aesha, holding, kissing, watching her every movement. When she opened up eyes - that's when I fell in love. She has the most beautiful eyes. We've been having the best time with her since coming home. Her noises, her looks - they are all so precious. She even has a blog of her own at www.aeshamaysun.blogspot.com. It's still amazing to watch her change. She is quite the blend of both of us and still she's changing.
Thanks to all my friends and family who provide lots of thoughts our way - we are safe at home, recovering and getting to know each other. I can't wait to take her out and show her off.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow honey I am glad you are home and resting... that is quite a lot you went through, you are one strong woman and mama for sure. So good to hear you are getting the support you need, a great teacher for super toni! I love you and love Aesha already! What a beauty! love, Auntie Christie
Post a Comment