Caught up with Margo Keylargo and Mr. Maddison. Both have had a very rough 6 months.
We have also decided that it's finally safe to let the cat outta the bag and the little bump aka Baby G will be joining us September. Of course my parents don't know yet. But most of our close friends and AG's family do know.
As you can see, Baby G is already showing. That bump is not from having a big meal.
The not-so-great-things about pregnancy (so far):
1. Have been nauseous the last 2.5 weeks. Haven't actually thrown up but dry heaved a couple of times in the morning (which is always fun).
2. Smell of food has made me green. Haven't been cooking, couldn't go to restaurants, eating only fruits. I can smell sugar from AG's candy bar from the passenger seat. Keen sense of smell - is interesting.
3. Bloated - potruding bloated stomache is quite uncomfortable even before eating, and after meals it's almost painful.
4. Restless, interrupted sleep - the Trooper is uanable to get everything done when she's unable to recharge the batteries. This has been more difficult on me than the not eating.
5. No drinking - parties and late night events don't sound as fun - when you're the only one who's sober.
6. Irritability, little patience - hormonal changes + lack of sleep + little food + bloating = grouchy me. Haven't gone postal on AG - but little things do seem bigger than usual.
7. Vitamin pills - I have to take 6 huge pills (they are organic and vegetable based) per day.
Things that have been awesome about pregnancy:
1. Nausea gone - only lasted 2.5 weeks (which is awesome compared to most women).
2. Bloated mostly gone - now it's just the belly.
3. Sleeplessness gone - getting deeper, longer sleep (except for occasional 4am whining from Sienna).
4. Drinking - not so bad when I found out that wine tastes like vinegar.
5. Irritability, little patience diminished - better sleep + more food + no bloatedness = happier me.
6. AG has stepped up and taken great attention and care of our well being - it's sweet.
7. Focus - has shifted from "living-life-day-by-day and enjoying-whatever-comes-along + partying many nights a week" to "long-term and figuring-out-how-to-create-home-life-social-balance on my-own-terms." (9-5 schedule is not part of the 5 year plan)
8. Realizing that we're creating life - and Baby G is both a part of AG and I. This one is easy to acknowledge but is difficult for me get my head wrapped around the science and biology of it all. Thanks to Grandma Karen, we now have 10 books about babies of which 4 are baby name books, one Jewish Baby Book, and some cool ones on the science/biology of creating life.
9. Glowing skin - my skin has never felt or looked better. I don't usually wear foundation, except for going out, and now I don't wear any going out at all either. Difference is, it looks like I do.
The interesting things about being pregnant:
1. I used to love meat and thought I'd be eating more meat when pregnant. Not so. I find most meats unbearable at the moment and enjoy tofu, veggies and lots of fruits still.
2. I am a McDonald's and fast food hater. I used to get nauseous just smelling the oils at Micky D's. I am now guilty of haven eaten there twice, in one week. It's the french fries, I can't help it. I've had french fries cravings for awhile now, and even though I hate that they use hydrogenated oils, they have the best tasting fries.
3. I'm already showing a bump at 10 weeks and actually both AG and I noticed the bump closer to 8 weeks. Thought I'd be like my Asian friends who didn't show until week 20.
4. I've had pickle cravings, but not sure if they are really cravings since I love pickles before. But I've not had the sugar and ice-cream and odd combinations... not yet anyways.
In summary, both AG and I are thrilled and excited about this new set of changes in our lives. I am a little bit more than mortified about the prospect of more needles and hospitals and the birthing process. I worry sometimes that I'll be too busy to maintain some semblence of myself and my social calendar (b/c my community is so important to me), and I dwell too often on whether I'll make a good parent. But mostly, I daydream about: (1) the crazy and colorful outfits I'm gonna put on Baby G, (2) the special bond between Baby G and us; (3) the tenderness of AG with Baby G; (4) the happiness Baby G will and has already given to us and our families/friends; and (5) the development of Baby G growing up in a unique community with diverse cultures and beliefs.
1 comment:
Again, my darlin, I am so so so thrilled for your new family. I love you guys and this new baby G already, thanks for the pics you look gorgeous! Big love, Auntie xt
Post a Comment