Monday, November 07, 2005

Tramster

Sunday was Tramster's Bridal Shower (pictures to be posted later). She's part of my Asian constituency here in the bay area. We met through LanChau when I was working at SBC, back in the day, and I do believe they were the first friends I made here. Everywhere I go, I have my partying friends and I have my Asian girl friends that I go to when I need some culture and grounding. It's a completely different community and they are integral to my sanity and development.

My life is incomplete without them. There is sense of cultural understanding that is difficult to explain which I've had with my Asian friends everywhere. You can't teach someone to pick up these things, it's part of the culture. There's been little or no strife with them; there is no sense of undermining or second guessing the other. If there is a misunderstanding, we generally assume the best of the other's intentions. I really appreciate that quality.





Older picture of Tram/Sherman and AG and I at Ann's wedding earlier this year in April. Posted by Picasa

No comments: