Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Basketball Basketball - Warriors' Opening Night

AG and I are seriously involved with a new passion - basketball. It's my favorite professional sport to watch and I'm guilty of going to the Warriors game in the past years to watch other teams besides the Warriors. You can't really blame me, they were dead last for several years. Last year, Baron Davis joined the Warriors and changed everything. He brought leadership, a sense of pride, and team-work to the fallen Warriors. AG and I went to several games, including the last game. What an amazing game that was. Not only were they winning, but Baron infused excitement, panache, and great basketball to our court.

So all summer, I was tortured on the decision to purchase season tickets. But I did, and tonight is the season opener. We are like little kids waiting for Christmas. I even agreed to be his assistant for the fantasy basketball team - named - the Mission Misfits. And we've made a pact, that if the Warriors make it to the play-offs (which hasn't happened for 12 years), we'd paint our faces orange and blue to support our team. Can life get any better?

No comments: