Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Universal flow highway? Luck? Hard Work? Karma?

The weather has changed abruptly in the last two days and the first full rain of the season fell this morning around 6am. I only know that bc my cute little puppies woke me up 3 times last night to go to the bathroom. Finally, at 6am, I took their kennel and put it outside leaving the door open for convenience. And when big fat raindrops began splashing on our patio, I woke up to make sure the puppies were warm and dry before snuggling back into my comfortable bed next to AG.

Which got me thinking today about how lucky I am. I know life is a constant struggle, especially to find that special someone to snuggle with at night. I have many friends who are in relationships, all in various stages. One particular friend, who I thought surely had it figured out, only to find out differently. Makes me wonder, how and why I'm so lucky? Is it Karma, luck? At one point in time, I believed absolutely that we meet that special person when we've learned the lessons we've needed to, which then allows us to see the entrance onto that highway. I'm not so certain about that anymore. I've met people who are with their karmic/soul partner (my assumption of course) and they still have a lot of work left. And I have friends who have traversed the difficult path of self-understanding and change and should be on that highway. Doesn't make as much sense.

I'm rambling about this only because I'm feeling so guilty about having it so good. That's a huge rock that I carry about everything. But it's more apparent when my friends are going through difficult times. I know I can't make it better for them and that this lesson, like any lesson - is for them to go through and to learn from... but if only....

No comments: