Monday, October 24, 2005

San Diego Baby

AG and I drove to SD Friday afternoon. Got into SD around 1am... Met up with my brother and Jess for brunch, then off to the rehearsal dinner in Carlsbad. I was in SD over a year ago when we drove Jess down in April to help her move into her new pad. I really didn't like SD that much then, and nothing has really changed my mind about it this time either. Weather is great usually, and I love the landscape - but the people.... I suppose there are worse places to live.

Gabrielle and Lourna's wedding was a hoot, we had a little assistance of coure. I can't imagine how dreary it could have been without. But they are sweet people, and I enjoyed meeting Jed (the Groom's brother), his friend Alexis, and Lourna. It was much different than Al's (or any of my friend's) wedding where so many friends and family participated and so much love shown. Gabrielle's wedding seemed a little bereft in the friends department even though there was a huge support shown in the family department.

AG and I got a lot of time in together and had lots of wonderful talks - which made the entire trip worth it by itself. And even though my life is mundane sometimes, it sure felt nice to sleep in my own bed, and enjoy the comforts and luxury of my own house.

No comments: