Thursday, July 14, 2005

Miboni Land

When I first created this blog, I wanted it to be a place where I could feel safe, write what I wanted, capture the world through my eyes - hence Miboni-Land was created. But when I started writing, the fears of being judged or providing too much personal information that would haunt me later prevailed. So I wrote about safe subjects: books, my dogs, movie reviews. They are all significant parts of my life, but it wasn't the true intent of this blog. I wanted a place to express myself, to discuss things that are important to me... but like everyone else, I'm afraid of what my friends might think about them, that perhaps I'm silly believing in magic and other dimensions.

And as I continued reading friends blogs, I realized that some wrote only about their daily activities, almost a diary of sorts without the emotional significance attached to them. Others wrote only about information, things they learned, software events and that sort of stuff. And I have a couple of friends traveling abroad and writing about their adventures, fears and the actual inner thoughts as events unfolded before them. I enjoy them all, but tune more often to the latter. I feel as if I'm there with them, experiencing the mountains of Thailand, or the dunes of Egypt. And as I re-read my blogs, I realize that I want this blog to be more than just a daily account of my readings and my reviews of books. Yes, these books influence my thinking, and my puppies give me joy - but I feel most alive when I'm in my world or viewing my life through the magical colored glasses I create. There's nothing wrong with living in a fairytale.

No comments: