Today I got out of the office and brought my laptop to Coffeebar, located on Florida at 18th. I am the only Dell laptop owner here. It's full of young, hip SF'ers and I wonder what each of these people do for a living. How can they afford to not work, or better yet, what line of work are they in that they can afford to lounge at a coffee shop and work? Makes me wonder why I'm working a 9-5 job.
I love getting out of the office and working in this environment. I'm out of the box and realize that there are so many other ways to make a living besides working for the man... All my professional life has been in an office, 9-5, submitting to the routine of someone else and thinking this is the only way to make it. But it's slowly sinking in that it's not, and that I'm only here because I've chosen to be here. Once I no longer choose to be here, the Universe will open her hands and tell me I have so many choices, it's mind boggling. I think that's where it is. Most people are not as afraid to fail as they are afraid to succeed. I've been marinating in this information for a long time and a day like today puts a lot of things into perspective for me. Having a child also does that too.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
don't be scared girl just quit and live a little. It will look good on you! I dare you
Post a Comment